Green Tea Macaron Shell
50g egg whites (I like to use 1 day old egg whites)
25g Castor Sugar
100g Icing sugar
55g Blanched Whole Almonds
1.5 tsp green tea powder
1) Preheat oven to 300°F / 150C.
2) Blanched whole almonds, green tea powder and icing sugar through the food processor and sift twice.
3) Whisk egg whites at medium speed, slowly add the sugar and continue beating until peak formed and look glossy.
4) Add the dry ingredients slowly to the meringue, taking about 3 additions in all.
5) The batter should be "flow like magma".
6) Pipe the batter in small round (1.5 inch) and gently tap the baking pan to reduce air bubbles in the batter. Let it rest for 30 - 45 minutes before baking
7) Use finger to touch softly the macaron's shell surface, if it's not stick to your finger, means it is ready to bake.
7) Bake for about 18 minutes or until done. (baking timing is depending on their size).
* By using aged egg whites will improve the stability of macaron batter.